Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tension

Walk with me for a while
                                                I hate you more than you could know
Hold my hand and let’s renew our smiles
                                                When you are near, intense violence in me grows
Let our postures erase the present chapter
                                                At first I would cover my own eyes
And remember what it was we were after
                                                Yet persistence refused the reinforcement of those lies
Vividly I recall each touch, every loving stare
                                                A dagger I hide behind me now, the resolution of a damaged heart
Yet every memory we had is undermined by despair
                                                Yet, why is the pain paramount when we part?

No comments:

Post a Comment