Friday, July 22, 2011

Observatorial


I am not an observation
         I’m not a situation
I’ve at times been a casualty
         But never the root of causality

I am not some speck of data dots
Splattered on a page, the type
You’d find deconstructed upon a grid
I’m not some analysis
A psychiatrist so easily can gave

I’m not a problem
         Nor am I a solution
To which some might say
         Makes me a problem in a different way

I’m not some report
         With facts and figures
Presented to groups
         Or read by only one

I’m not some grade
         Used to measure
Indicating possibility
         And that dreadful word potential

I’m not an observation
         So easily dismissed
I’m not an observation
         So casually missed
I’m not an observation
I’m but a speck
A dot with no ends
A sum of all points, the point of a pen
A pattern, a trend if you choose to look, if you so desire to skew or to bend, finding one: a reflection, a stream, a light, a bulb, a token or a reassuring nod of approval, is not as difficult as you might pretend.
Not that it’s correct, not that it’s right
But if you simply look, you’ll never see; you’ll never comprehend what is awakened and what still sleeps.



3 comments:

  1. I really liked

    "I’ve at times been a casualty
    But never the root of causality"

    I had to double take thinking it was a spelling area, before finally cluing in. Just a pair of wonderful lines, really stuck out with me.

    Yeah pretty pathetic that when all is said and done, if most eyes, we boil down to nothing but a number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...this makes a great statement fred...defining who one is or is not...

    I’m but a speck
    A dot with no ends
    A sum of all points, the point of a pen

    great flow through here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, Brian, glad you both enjoyed this piece. Pat, it's funny that you thought it was a spelling error, every time I look at the poem I say oh, why'd I use the same word twice, then realize I didn't. Brian I like the point you refer to a lot here, for me it kind of makes sense of the whole piece for me, thanks guys, as always you're feedback is greatly appreciated

    ReplyDelete