Monday, August 1, 2011

The First 120 Pages


Winter fell
Scattered cross
Lands of ice
In days of frost

Once a brother, my dear friend
Requests my liege in defense
Despite intentions
I do not wish
Joining such
Accomplice to

Deny it happened
And it did not
Despite the face
Of yours that still walks
Across the veil
Along the wall
Blackening the shields
That dare avenge the costs

Bartered by brother
Arms entwined
With another
Speaking a tongue I cannot find
Until the no becomes yes
Plot of vengeance stirs it’s pot

Literally I'm reading a book right now, and this is just something I jotted down referring to these first 120 pages.  It will be interesting to see how many know the book I refer to.  

3 comments:

  1. hmm...obviously something olde world or medievil...nice summary either way...deftly penned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like quite the interesting read, themes that have been used here and there and everywhere, no idea what it is though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys enjoyed the piece. Game of Thrones is the book, now I'm on page 330 and it's getting really good too. It's a fantasy series, 5 in the series so far and probably a bad choice for me to start reading as it and my addictive personality are having a go of it eating up my time. Excellent thus far though.

    ReplyDelete