Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Brain Lock

Little brain locked today,
working on edits
and nothing fits

It all appears
For the most part
to be
Grammatically correct
yet
not
the
way
I wish the words
would sound

Lots of staring
At this overly
Illuminated screen
Adjusted brightness, several times,
Only to find the eyes
Tear
At different intervals
and the blurring,
well the blurring
is the how blurring
ought to be
blurry.

The screen remains
As it often does
blank
until
words
somehow
fake make
their way to existence

The brains a little locked up today
I've been working on some edits
that won't seem to sound the way
I wish they would.  I've been staring
at these screenplays that won't
tighten up themselves, yet I feel bad,
not for them, but for me, as I feel this
responsibility to them.  Sure, they've sat there
in that cubby shelf, some eight long months,
but they're inanimate objects, well physically that's what they are,
yet I'm the creator, I birthed them both, and they pull this guilt trip on me.  One day, one day, yet I feel as if that day should be now.

I go to pick the first one up, but all I can get to is the title page, before this article, I wrote for a blog I started, that yet is to have it's first post attached, starts crying, "c'mon"

The
Brain
Can't
handle
these
children
bickering
for my
attention

So, I decided I'll write something new
Flip open
My idea log
But within
I forgot
how many neglected thoughts
dwell within.

and a mob
with pitchforks and lanterns
careen towards my head

Perhaps the edits aren't so bad.

Guilt
It's a...


3 comments:

  1. I can so relate that I laughed at myself while reading, great stream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha oh I think any writer has been there. I just want the friggin ideas out of my head. but no matter how many I get out, it seems like ten more sprout up. I suppose it is better than having no ideas at all though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so me, so often. I have ideas but they don't seem to work. Frustration aggravates when one drafts something rather horrid looking. It's ok to put them away for later, I tell myself, and then one opens a folder and they are all there. "hey you, didn't you mean to finish this, and this and this...?" And there are instances where some works just keep looking worse.

    ReplyDelete